Reporting to the Director of QA, you will be responsible for overseeing the quality of our Servers and Backend tools which allow our portfolio of applications to run to the best of their ability. You will work with both internal / offshore teams as well as 3rd Party partners, while using a combination of both technical and non-technical tools to support you in achieving this goal.
Skills and Requirements
- Lead an offshore QA team consisting of 10+ testers, overseeing both Server releases (spanning multiple clients), and Back Office tools.
- Working closely with the Technical Test Manager and a small pool of developers in test, front the Server automation efforts from conception through to release, and then maintaining and expanding alongside the companies rapid growth.
- Ensure regular Server and Back Office releases are to the highest standard, both in terms of defect mitigation & user experience.
- Work closely with Customer Support and Client Leads to investigate, document and where necessary push for swift resolution of any potential concerns.
- Lead by example through hands on testing, and review other tester’s defect reports while maintaining a tidy and prioritised set of backlogs across an array of projects.
- Lead triage's and provide daily reports on milestone progression and priorities.
- Align and (where plausible) standardise QA processes with the Client QA Leads, while bettering them as the business grows and evolves.
- Provide reports and risk assessments to the Director of QA and other stakeholders.
- Support in the training and mentoring of more junior members of the team.
- Drive the creation, maintenance and implementation of dedicated test sessions, test suites and associated test cases
- Work closely with the Client QA Leads, ensuring full transparency and harmony between Server and Client releases.
- A profound understanding on the differences between Client and Server, and how they communicate / interact with one another.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding toward the full stack of Server architecture and how to test it.
- Extensive knowledge of API testing, as well as the tools used to provide such test coverage e.g. Postman and / or similar.
- Hands on experience with automated test tools, as well as a clear understanding of CI and how this filters into the process.
- A complete understanding of the QA life Cycle, including post release checks and daily monitoring of Server health through various tools e.g. New Relic and / or similar.
- Strong, proven leadership skills, with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritise and delegate accordingly within.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication & an excellent attention to detail, with the ability to document and communicate through various reporting channels (Coverage, RAG, Analysis).
- Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills.
- A proactive attitude towards QA and capable of working in a high-pressure Agile environment.
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA and / or similar bug tracking tools.
- Extensive experience in test suite creation and maintenance (Testrail is a plus).
- Knowledge of Data Science with a proven record to use this to better processes.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
A spacious kitchen in our state of the art office in swanky Farringdon which includes free cereal, fruit and onsite Barista, weekly breakfast and lunches plus an awesome games room that includes table tennis, PlayStation, Foosball table and Yoga studio. On top of this we have a top 25 grossing app!!!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Events throughout the year
- Free coffee shop/free food throughout the week
- Subsidised Gym