Our developers are responsible for the design and implementation of new features in a social gaming application. As a Flash coder, you will be responsible for working with the development team on our games on social platforms. You will be hands on in the development of the application. The right candidate is experienced with remote development, quickly learning complex systems, dealing with ambiguity, and building and maintaining modular systems that integrate across multiple teams.
Ideally, candidates should have had a long career in the gaming industry, using Actionscript, Robotlegs Framework and Starling graphics engine, understanding how to optimise for performance on older browsers. They should also be keen to enforce quality coding practices and understand the need to develop a quality, cross-platform architecture for all projects that they undertake, being able to drive the team in producing this.
The developer in question should be personable and able to work within a team, helping develop the skills of their team-mates to create a team which is second to none in the industry, working closely with QA to ensure that all systems are fully compliant with test plans and demonstrating the use of automated test systems.
You will have the ability to execute development programs to support our global and broadly distributed client and server systems.
- Developing new features and modifying existing features to ensure the production of a quality product.
- Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications.
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality software.
- Analyzing system specifications and translating system requirements to task specifications.
- Producing project estimates and completing projects on time within budget.
- Ensuring adequate testing of software to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate. This includes preparing test data, test procedures and documentation.
- Providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
- Working effectively in a team, and communicating with other engineers and other technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
- Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the development of the product.
- Collaborate with architects and technologists on design decisions and directions for product requirements
- Other duties as required.
Must have skills:
- Deep knowledge of Flash/AIR
- Deep knowledge of Actionscript, Robotlegs and Starling
- Knowledge of interfacing with back-office servers
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working in games as a service
- C++, Actionscript (AIR), Java, Ruby experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Experience of MVC methodology
- Cucumber (or similar) Unit Testing frameworks