Date posted: 31/01/2019
Closing date: 28/02/2019
Location - London
The finance manager is responsible for achieving Aristocrat’s objectives and strategies by supporting the VP, Finance - Commercial Product & Technology (D&D) and local Digital stakeholders. The role is a key business partner to the Digital / Product Madness Management team and a pivotal conduit between the regional finance teams, corporate finance and Digital management. This role works collaboratively across a wide range of stakeholders and has a direct influence & impact on the financial and strategic direction of the Digital organisation.
- Analysis and provision of advice (& opportunity) through the proactive monitoring of performance.
- Input to the short term and long-range planning cycles.
- Commercial business partner to the local Digital Management team.
- Partner with the VP, Finance - Commercial Product & Technology to build up business cases, run due diligence processes and analytics to support strategic initiatives and closely monitor and manage investment spend.
- Financial Planning - Manage the construction, collation and communication of the Digital planning process for quarterly re-forecasts, the annual plan and the 3 year strategic plan. Maintain data integrity, construct messaging, communicate process and manage delivery to deadlines.
- Financial Reporting - Manage the reporting of performance plans monthly to the Digital Management team including the integration of both historical financial performance with forward looking operational forecasts. Create insight, exception driven and future focused financial outputs.
- Business Partnering - Partner with local and international Digital operational teams to drive insight, challenge and partner to help deliver on the business’s commitments.
- Proactively analyse and look for improvement opportunities to enhance performance.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to continually drive ‘value add’ and ‘continuous improvement’ across the business
- Proactively manage cost base to agreed targets (headcount & $)
- General Accounting and Month End Close Process – Oversee the process to ensure the accuracy of the UK month end accounts and submissions to corporate. Lead and drive the accounting close process, including preparation and delivery of accurate financial statements for management, tax and statutory purposes.
- Variance analysis on several international entities on monthly basis
- Preparation & review of various month end financial reports.
- Strategic Initiatives - Partner and support VP, Finance - Commercial Product & Technology (D&D) and Digital Management as required to evaluate, model, present and track strategic initiatives.
- Management of 2 members of the finance team
Skills and Requirements
- Significant experience, within Commercial Analysis
- CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Proven proficiency in accounting and strong knowledge of reporting requirements.
- Ability to work independently and with ambiguity and across multiple time zones in a fast-growing environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; must be able to partner effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Solid working knowledge of finance concepts and internal controls
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through completion
- Previous management experience preferable
- Strong modelling and system skills (Excel, TM1)
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders (VP & Business Partners)
- Creative, innovative, energetic and flexible
- A self-starting individual, initiating action without the need to be prompted by others
- Demand high performance of themselves and others, ensuring that goals and expectations are clear and met
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
A spacious kitchen in our state of the art office in swanky Farringdon which includes free cereal, fruit and onsite Barista, weekly breakfast and bi-weekly lunches plus an awesome games room that includes table tennis, PlayStation, Foosball table, old school arcade machine and Yoga studio. On top of this we have a top 25 grossing app!!!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonus scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Events throughout the year
- Free coffee shop/free food throughout the week
- Subsidised Gym